- City Services
Permit RequirementsSee permit fee list below. Failure to get a permit will result in double the permit fees. Please be sure to read the Lorena Zoning Ordinance for regulations that apply to the zoning district you are requesting a permit for.
Permit Fee Schedule
Building Standards: The following codes are in effect within Lorena:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Mechanical, Electrical, Fuel, Fire, Energy Conservation and Property Maintenance Codes.
- 2017 National Electrical Code
Permit RequiredIt is recommended to check with City Hall before doing any projects to avoid additional permit fees.
Permits are required for (but not limited to) the following:
- Garage sales
- New construction, additions, accessory buildings, remodeling and alteration of existing structures, including patio covers and storage buildings.
- Repair, recover, or reroof of existing structures
- All concrete work such as drives, sidewalks, porches, patios, etc.
- Hot water heaters-gas and electric
- Installation of lawn sprinklers, swimming pools
- Installation of new fences
- All signs (sign permit fee is based on value of sign)
- Work which involves electrical wiring and equipment, which is covered by the National Electric Code, other than regular maintenance
- Work on heating and air conditioning equipment, which is regulated by the code, other than regular maintenance
- All plumbing work, which is covered by Standard Plumbing Code, other than regular maintenance
- Home occupations, nursery, day care, prekindergarten, play, special and other private schools
- Adult day care facilities
- Greenhouses and nurseries not primarily engaged in retail trade
- Any establishment selling beer, wine, or liquor for on-premises consumption
- Television and radio broadcasting towers
- House moving
- Dog Runs
- Copy of survey plat
- Set of building plans (for example: new construction, remodeling, building additions, accessory buildings)
- Three sets of building plans (for example: commercial construction)
- Site Development Plan (for example: commercial new construction, remodeling, building additions, accessory buildings)
- Site Plans (for example: signs, swimming pools, sprinkler systems, accessory buildings and additions)
- Application approval
- Temporary pole
- Plumbing rough-in
- Plumbing top-out
- Gas rough-in
- Gas test
- Yard lines
- Electrical rough-in
- Electrical permanent service
- Mechanical rough-in
- Final inspection
- 3 if located within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant and within in a 5 mile radius of the fire department
- 3Y if located within 1000 feet of a fire hydrant and more than 5 miles from the fire department
Sewer Tap FeeLorena's wastewater tap fee is $1800 per 4 inch connection and $2500 for all 6 inch connection inside the city limits of Lorena and $2300 per 4 inch connection and $3000 per 6 inch connection outside the city limits of Lorena; additional fees will be billed to the applicant in the event a roadway or other obstruction must be traversed in order to provide service. Any and all additional fees shall be quoted to the applicant by the public works department no earlier than 90 days prior to the installation of the service, and require a 50% prepayment by the applicant.
Water Tap Fees
||5/8 Inches by 3/4 Inches
||5/8 Inches by 3/4 Inches
|1 1/2 Inches
||1 1/2 Inches
Additional fees will be billed to the applicant in the event a road bore is needed, and/or a roadway or other obstruction must be traversed in order to provide service. Any and all additional fees shall be quoted to the applicant by the public works department no earlier than 90 days prior to the installation of the service, and require a 50% prepayment by the applicant.